The Lares Trek is an alternative to rising popular trail and often full Inca excursions.
This Inca Trail offers a fascinating mix of landscapes, views of the snow-capped mountains, visits to traditional villages and archaeological remains in the shadow of the Andes.
Lares trek also offers nice hot relaxing baths hot springs.
- Transportation: Cusco - Lares trek / Ollantaytambo - Cusco.
- The entrance to Machu Picchu.
- Train tickets Ollanta - Aguas Calientes - Ollanta
- Meals 4 breakfasts, 3 lunches, 3 dinners
- Hostal in Aguas Calientes - Machu Picchu.
- Professional Spanish / English guide
- Cook and cooking equipment
- Camping tents (two people)
- Tents (mattresses, chairs), dining tent, kitchen tent, tables)
- Horses for the team, Arriero
- First aid kit
- Sleeping bag (you can rent it for $ 20 usd for All trek)
- Breakfast on the first morning lunch on the last day
- Entrance to the mountain Huayna Picchu ($ 20 usd adicinonales the amount of the tour)
We leave Cusco early in the morning by the Sacred Valley. We arrive at the thermal baths of Lares in the afternoon and have time to take a refreshing and relaxing dip in the hot springs. After lunch we will start hiking for 2 hours to reach our camp.
After breakfast we continue our walk through the valley to reach the community of Huacawasi. Here people produce tissues and can see their great skills and brilliant techniques in making ponchos and clothing.
Passing through the village we will start the ascent to the Condorpasa Open (4,100 m.s.n.m). From here we will see a breathtaking view of Veronica Snow Mountain Peakes (5.750m).
For the next hour we will hike to the Ipsaycocha beautiful lagoon where we camp for the night.
After breakfast we descend into the valley to reach the community of Huilloc where we have lunch. From there we will walk for about 2 hours to reach the community where you can see the Inca terraces Pumamarca.
Then we will reach Ollantaytambo, a magnificent walled Inca city located in a fertile valley and protected by huge mountains. This is a perfect place to appreciate the best archaeological remains left by our ancestors the Incas.
Then we will go to the Ollantaytambo train station to board the train to Aguas Calientes, where it is recorded in the comfortable hostel.
Early morning after breakfast, we will go to Machu Picchu by bus from Aguas Calientes. You have the option to climb Huayna Picchu if you arrive on time.
For 3 hours, the guide will take you through Machu Picchu everything is explained about how the city was designed and the importance of buildings. You will have time to experience Machu Picchu on your own after the tour.
When you have finished taking the bus back to Aguas Calientes and board the train back to Cusco. You will be met at the train station and returns you to your hotel in Cusco at night
(Enjoy this service with a group between 6- 12 people)
(Enjoy this service only for you and your family – minimun 2 people)