The entire network of Inca Trail linking the citadel of Machu Picchu was built in strict harmony with the natural environment and landscape. Crosses several ecological levels, from high Andean areas, inter-Andean valleys and subtropical, with lush flora and varied fauna, the traveler goes through many archaeological sites.
It is very dynamic, admirable and pleasant trail, because it combines history, archeology and nature. To access this circuit very much appreciated, you need to make a reservation many months in advance, and is subject to confirmation of the reservation.
- Pick up from hotel 30 minutes before the departure of Cusco.
- Transfer to KM 82, starting point of the tour.
- Spanish and English professional guide.
- Entrance ticket to the Inca Trail.
- Entrance to Machu Picchu Sanctuary.
- Porters to carry all the equipment, tents, food, cooking equipment, restaurants and tents.
- Permits and tickets for our porters and cooks.
- Food: 3 breakfasts, 3 lunches and 3 dinners.
- All these meals are prepared by our chef and his assistant.
- Coca tea is served every morning in your tent.
- Boiled water after breakfast to refill their water bottles (1 liter per person).
- Lunch with hot drinks like coca, tea and coffee
- Appetizers or snacks every morning.
- Oxygen and first aid kit.
- Vegetarian and special diets on request.
- All equipment, including tents for personnel.
- 2 hours Guided tour of Machu Picchu.
- Bus down from Machu Picchu to Aguas Calientes.
- Expedition train to return to Ollantaytambo and then by bus to Cusco.
- Sleeping bag, you can rent at our office ($ 20.00 for the entire trip).
- Lunch on the fourth day and breakfast the first day.
06:00 am We start to pick up the passengers in their hotels to go by bus until the begining of the Inca Trail, Chillca - 82 KM doing a tour of 3 hours and a half with a spectacular view of the sacred valley and the snowy veronica (5900 m) along the Urubamba river.
Starting the hike itself headed the archaeological site of Llaqtapata by Cusi Chaca River valley.
Later Huayllabamba reach where we will camp this first day.
(Walk 5 to about 6 hours).
After breakfast we start our walk, we ascend slowly toward the passage of Warmiwañusca (4200 m.s.n.m.) the highest of all trek point, through a beautiful forest of Queñua.
We will have attractive views of the Andean landscape, we will reach Llulluchapampa (3,750 m.s.n.m.) at the foot of typical open pampas. After arriving at Warmiwañusca pass, we descend to the Valley Pacaymayo (3,620 m.s.n.m.) where we camp. Here already we can appreciate the extraordinary construction of the Inca Trail.
(This day will walk around. 7 to 8 hours)
After breakfast we will begin our hike, this is one of the most beautiful days of the Inca trail. Visit the archaeological site of Runkurakay from which we will have a spectacular view of the area, remount the passage of the same name (3,800 m), continue towards the archaeological sites of Sayacmarca, Phuyupatamarca and Wiñaywayna, which are joined together by a wonderful path original Inca white granite, among the lush vegetation of the forest. We observe the remarkable balance achieved by the Incas and their environment.
Our camp is located near the archaeological site of Wiñaywayna (2,700 m.s.n.m.).
(This day will walk about 8 hours).
This day we got up early at 4:00 AM. We will have breakfast and start walking at 5:00 AM. We said goodbye to the porters because they return to Cusco with all the camping equipment.
We will make our walk in the middle of a dense vegetation typical rainforest heading to the Puerta del Sol or Inti Punku, where we will have a formidable panoramic view of the Inka Citadel. Machu Picchu we are coming at 7:00 am, Once we will have a guided tour of 2 hours to visit the most important places of Machu Picchu. Then have free time to visit Machu Picchu on your own.
In the afternoon we will go to Aguas Calientes where we take the train to return to Cusco.
End of services.
Departure Dates: We have groups for the Inca Trail every day of the year. Less February when the Inca Trail is closed during the month. In February you can visit Machu Picchu by train. More is not possible to do the Inca Trail.
Availability: They allowed only 500 people per day to the Inca Trail. This figure includes tourists, guides, porters .Space is for all people who want to do the Inca Trail. So to make the Inca Trail is essential to book months in advance. The availability of quotas for the Inca Trail is the same for all agencies. Therefore, if there are no spaces available, no agency can make room for the Inca Trail